Welcome to the launch issue of GPO Magazine, featuring contributions from written and performed by the brightest stars of the podcasting universe! In this month’s issue:
- Matt Dillon and Dave Probert talk over retro gaming habits, the superhero backlash and fill you in on what’s going on at GeekPlanetOnline in our Editorial
- Lee Medcalf and Darren Barnard bring you all of the geek news that’s fit to mock in Black Dog News
- Tanja Huvila makes a passionate case for Finnish author Mika Waltari, and his seminal novel The Egyptian, in The Joy of Stacks
- Jim Moon presents a potted history of the late, great Sir Christopher Lee in Chill Corner
- Emma and Peter Newman enthuse about the recent television adaptation of Susanna Clarke’s Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell in Gloriously Geeky
- Amber Lawrence revisits classic JRPG Final Fantasy VII – with surprising results – in Random Gaming
- Hugh David talks about two must-see shows that should go on your catch-up list in Binges & Boxsets
- Brandi and David Jackola explain the subculture of Gas Punk, by way of Mad Max, in The Dark Side
- Gillian Coyle digs out two hidden nuggets to add to – or strike from – your instant video queues in Next Flicks
- Anne-Marie and Peter Organ begin their exploration of modern children’s TV with a look at Avatar: The Last Airbender in OrgToons
- And our resident hillbilly nerd Isaac, otherwise known as comedian Jeff Holland, provides a Final Thought for you to chew over until next month
This ad-supported version of the podcast is available free of charge to all of GeekPlanetOnline’s visitors. Our Patrons receive an ad-free version of the magazine two weeks before the public every month. If you’d like to receive this version of the magazine, not to mention our humble gratitude – and in doing so help keep GeekPlanetOnline and all of its podcasts, videos and written content online – you can join them for as little as £1 or $1 per month. Visit www.patreon.com/geekplanetonline for more information.
This month’s GPO Magazine is sponsored by Spokenworld Audio. Spokenworld are a company which produce audiobooks from independant authors, and to the highest professional standards. Read by a host of actors, including some fairly familliar voices, their catalogue provides bestseller list experiences at rock-bottom prices. With titles for all ages and from all genres, you really have no excuse not to check it out – but to sweeten the deal, Spokenworld are offering an exclusive discount to GPO Magazine listeners.
If you head over to spokenworldaudio.biz and enter the code GPO15OFF at checkout you’ll get 15% off everything in your basket before tax. This code applies to all titles on the site, is valid until 31/12/2016 and can be used five times per person before it expires.